Last Updated 5 May 2020
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
This Anxious Mum (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.thisanxiousmum.com (the “Site”)
Contact email: [email protected]
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Site collects some personal data from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows:
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to:
• send you our newsletters from time to time
• ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
• interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
• allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
• manage our subscriber database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR
We may process personal data relating to users only with their consent for specific purposes (e.g.: mailing list subscription)
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
• personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
• personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
• we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
• we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (such as, for example, Mailerlite), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.